Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Following a Muse with Penny Black

Life got in the way of creating so it is fun to get back to it!  I am trying to get my mojo back by participating in challenges.  Today I am playing along with the current Muse Challenge.  This card at the right was my inspiration.


My inspiration is fairly clear, the woodgrain, a large image and a die cut word.  I embossed the image and did a simple watercolor.
The die cut word is shadowed with a silver paper that was created by spreading Inka Gold (in Silver) onto cardstock and then buffing.  Provides a beautiful metallic shine!

Thanks for taking a look!

Stamp: Penny Black Flower Festival
Die:  My Favorite Things Many Stamps

3 comments:

  1. Hi Irene!!! Now how happy do you think this makes me? So happy that you're playing cards with me and you are definitely BACK! A totally new e.f. to me, and a bit of buffed metal, too ... thanks!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of Michele's layout! Love the way you've created your sentiment, too! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete