Saturday, May 30, 2015

Playing with Embossing Powder

I am sorry to see the Online Card Class Mask-erade end...it has really gotten my creative juices going!  I am going to have to go back to previous classes and rewatch lessons!



I had fun pulling out my watercolor paper today!  I used three different embossing powders--clear, white, and Ranger Pearl Silver.  (The last one is shown in the photo below--it has a beautiful pearl shine.)  One word of caution--clear embossing powder does not behave well with regular watercolor paper--it takes on the yellowish cast of the paper.

 
Below are the four different pieces after watercoloring:






I haven't decided how to finish them off yet...











For the card above, I stamped a sentiment on vellum and heat embossed with Ranger Platinum embossing powder.

Since the card was a bit warped, I mounted it on a piece of fun foam and then adhered to the card base.

I added a few butterflies colored with the same colors.

Thanks for taking a look!

Dies:  Sizzix/Hero Arts Antique Flowers and ButterfliesImpression Obsession Butterfly Set

Stamp:  Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Phrases 1 cling stamps

3 comments:

  1. great colorful background. I've never tried ironing off embossing powder but that might be a solution if it is turning yellow. I agree it was a fun class

    ReplyDelete