Wednesday, May 27, 2015
A Watercolor Variation on Flowery Butterfly
I am fascinated by this masking technique so had to try a variation from this card. This time I stamped the Rubber Stamp Tapestry peg stamps with Distress Ink onto watercolor paper. (I used Worn Lipstick, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Old Paper and Pumice Stone.) After removing the mask, I moved the ink around to give a watercolor effect. Here is a close-up of the butterfly.
After drying, I applied the the mask over the butterfly and stamped a background image in Distress Ink (Old Paper.) I dropped water on the background and let it move a bit.
The edges were inked with Old Paper Distress Ink and a sentiment and sequins added. It was mounted on a card made from the same paper as the sentiment.
Now....I have to try something else from the Online Card Class Mask-erade!
Thanks for taking a look!
Stamps: Various Rubber Stamp Tapestry peg stamp, Impression Obsession Cover A Card Music
Die: Limitations (for the butterfly mask) and Celebrate both from Sizzix/Time Holtz