Saturday, November 21, 2015

Holiday Style Subtle Stenciling

I was initially stumped about Soft and Subtle cards...and then I found a combination I will be using again!

The background was created with Texture Paste spread through Tim Holtz Festive stencil.  After removing the stencil, I sprinkled the wet paste with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder and let it dry completely.  It was magic to apply the heat and melt the powder--a lovely pearl shine!

The Santa image is an old stamp from an unknown source.  I watercolored it with Distress Ink reinkers.  The layering paper was created with Inka Gold Platinum spread on white cardstock....it matched the shine of the stencil!

Thanks for taking a look!

4 comments:

  1. oh, this is just stunning! I absolutely love the white on white in the background and how soft you colored Santa in! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I so love that santa and the stenciling is top knotch! Love this!

    ReplyDelete