Friday, November 13, 2015

Season's Greetings Greenery

I was inspired to play along with the Muse: Christmas Visions Challenge.  I loved the watercolored greenery and decided to follow that theme with stamps rather than a die.


After taping down watercolor paper, I did a light wash of Forest Moss and Peeled Paint Distress Inks around the edge.  I then painted and tapped Distress Ink onto the stamp and stamped randomly around the edges.  (Using a combination of Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss--I could have also used markers.)

I used clean water to soften the stamping and give it a watercolor look.

The sentiment is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Copper embossing powder.  I watered down some Copper Inka Gold to add metallic splatters to the piece then mounted on dark green cardstock.

Stamps:  Penny Black Joyous, Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Greetings Holiday

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Your distress ink painting with beautiful stamps is gorgeous and I love the copper embossing! Thanks for playing at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the serene feeling and the look of the washes around the edges! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the stamping around the edges and the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was too late to vote for your BEAUTIFUL card for the MUSE Xmas Visions challenge. Wanted to tell you that I LOVE your simple but elegant design. Your watercoloring is great. :)

    ReplyDelete