Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sharing Easter Cards

Now that my big push to get Easter cards in the mail is past, I wanted to go back and share what I did.  So this is a photo intensive post!


The first card uses an older Penny Black stamp that is getting new life with my new loge of watercoloring.  Layout is inspired by the most recent Online Card Class Stretch Your Dies.

Stamps:  Penny Black Garden Friends, Impression Obsession Dotted Argyle (stamped on the purple)
Die:  Scalloped Circle Spellbinders, Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland




   




I let this wonderful stamp take center stage with only a small layer and and embossed card background.

Stamp:  Penny Black For Goodness Sake
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Polka Dots










Love this beautiful stamp from The Rubber Cottage!  A little bit of watercoloring and it is ready to mount!

Stamp:  The Rubber Cottage Lilies







 
 

But I couldn't leave it alone...I die cut a cross out of the piece and mounted on fun foam for a subtle addition.

Die:  Spellbinders Crosses Two







 

 

I had colored all of these images with watercolor and Distress Ink several months ago and then struggled how to finish off the cards.  Fortunately, Tim Holtz inspired me with his April tag.  What a brilliant idea--wetting watercolor paper with clean water and then spritzing with Distress marker.  Magic!  

Stamp:  Tim Holtz Easter Blueprint



  


And these eggs cried out to be popped off of the page.  I made my own dark green grass by wetting and crumpling thinly cut paper.



 





Had some fun with this card by stamping a background with the same stamp.








 


 


The next two cards used watercolored images from Tim Holtz Easter Blueprints and patterned paper from American Crafts Dots and Stripes.  I sprinkled salt on the wet background of the egg to get the mottled look.


 
Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment